Visit us on
"...For I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I haave committed unto him against that day." ~ II Timothy 1:12
Do You Know That You're Saved?
YOU SHOULD! AND HERE'S WHY
- We are all born sinners - Romans 3:23 ~ "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
- Because we are sinners, and God is sinless, we cannot go and dwell with God in Heaven - Matthew 18:3 ~ "And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted....ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."
- We are all destined to a place called Hell because of our sins - Luke 16:23 ~ "And in Hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
- God loved us enough to send His Son Jesus Christ to die and pay our sin debt - John 3:16 ~ For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
- Anyone who turns from their sin and places their trust in the Lord Jesus Christ will be Saved from sin, and saved from Hell - Acts 20:21 ~ "Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ."
- Those who do not repent, and trust Christ will be cast into Hell and spend eternity there without escape - Revelation 20:15 ~ "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."
- Once someone places their faith in Christ they will know they are saved - 2 Timothy 1:12 ~ "...for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day."
The Bible tells us that many good, and religious people will be deceived into thinking they will enter into heaven, but they will be cast into the lake of fire because they were never truly saved. "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." ~ Matthew 7:22-23
The Bible makes it very clear that we should know that we are saved. It tells us in II Corinthians 13:5, to examine ourselves whether we ye be in the faith. We are commanded to check what we consider salvation, and make sure it lines up with Scripture. Someone can be deceived into thinking they will enter Heaven, when in fact they do not have the salvation that Scripture tells us about. As a result, they will spend an eternity in Hell.
II Peter 1:10. ~ “Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure…
It would be horrible to enter Hell being deceived. The good news is that God has designed a plan of salvation which provides us an opportunity to go to Heaven. God's plan is very simply, he wants us to repent of our sins, and place our faith in His Son, Jesus Christ.
Repenting of sin means that you agree with God that your sin is wrong, and you are willing to turn from those things, and trust Jesus Christ to save you. Jesus Christ placed our sins upon Himself as He died on the cross. He payed for our sins so that we don't have to go to Hell.
Once you have truly trusted in Christ to save you, you will know it, and have assurance you are going to Heaven. If you do not have that assurance, I beg you to not take this matter lightly, and seek the Lord with all your heart. Do not listen to advice that is contrary to what Gods Word says about this matter, your soul hangs in the balance. ~ Doug Swafford